Finks Jewelers// Launch Site
Finks approached NewCity after seeing our work for John C. Nordt, a wholesale manufacturer of high-end rings. They wanted to invest in a world-class web presence for their retail jewelry outlets, and considered it just as important as opening a new physical store. We helped them think beyond the surface of the site to the measurable outcomes they need.
- Increase traffic into the stores
- Encourage buyers' and sales associates' engagement with the website as a promotion and information vehicle to grow in-store traffic
- Increase organic SEO traffic; gain new online shoppers that find Fink's while web searching for designer jewelry or jewelry stores in their area
- Make a site that is easier to maintain and update
- Balancing diverse vendor requirements and restrictions with business goals and user needs
- Creating a look for the website that is distinctive and consistent—but doesn't compete with their vendors' branding
- Developing navigation that encourages both browsing and specific searches
- Small, busy staff; does not have dedicated time to work on the website
- Fink's Jewelers sells luxurious, decadent, superior quality jewelry. Luxury branding can come across as cold, impersonal, even intimidating. But Fink's is the opposite – friendly, approachable. You'll leave the store feeling like you just made a new friend.
- The in-store shopping experience is fun. But while you look, you are learning about the jewelry – either its history, how the stones are made, the individual artists that create the jewelry. You'll leave the store knowing more but without feeling like you've just come from a lecture.
- Fink's wants to help you find the right piece of jewelry—not just the prettiest, the most expensive, the trendiest. They want to ensure that you will love wearing your new ring—that it fits in your day-to-day lifestyle.
- Design a site that conveys luxury but is also inviting and warm
- Develop content that educates and informs the shopper about lifestyle considerations when buying jewelry.
- Integrate contextual educational content throughout the site. As she browses the rings, a shopper will also have the opportunity to learn what settings work best for her active lifestyle.
- Encourage store visitation by developing comprehensive store locator that allows shoppers to locate a store by brands and location. Create landing pages for each location to give the individual stores a distinct personality under the Fink's umbrella.
- Integrate already active Facebook presence into the site and overall content and channel strategies. Encourage shoppers to show off their purchases or wish lists with friends.
- Use video to illustrate the low-pressure, friendly sales style of the FInk's associates