Washington Institute for Near East Policy// Launch Site
The Washington Institute for Near East Policy conducts research and publishes insights to help inform world leaders and policymakers about issues in the Middle East. Over the years their website has become an increasingly important hub for people to get timely access to the Washington Institute's in-depth analysis.
They approached NewCity with the goals to:
- Develop a fresh look for the Institute.
- Make content easier to find across the site, and easier to connect together under major themes.
- Streamline management of over 9,000 pages of content in both English and Arabic.
- Enable more rich media formats like video and interactive maps.
- Support mobile devices seamlessly
We conducted research with journalists, scholars and policymakers to better understand their goals and information needs. Based on these insights we planned the overall experience and crafted a site that enables the Washington Institute to respond quickly to new developments. We used a modular approach to all of the landing pages so that TWI can adapt layouts in response to the news of the day.
The site supports publishing workflow to translate all pages from English to Arabic and other languages. Users can easily switch between languages on any page.
The site templates are adaptive, switching between a desktop and smart phone view automatically based on device screen size.
We saw this project as a “moon shot” – not just redesigning our website, but transforming it into an engine that could drive our content and engage our audience across multiple platforms in the midst of an ongoing revolution in communication. NewCity has proven to be an indispensable partner in envisioning, designing, and successfully executing our ambitious online goals.
- Scott Rogers, Managing Editor for Online Communications, The Washington Institute for Near East Policy